Email firstname.lastname@example.org and include your resume and cover letter/email.
With Nearpeer, students know they belong at their college and are more committed, happy, and successful. We’ve been recognized for our work and impact by Eduventures Research, the Christensen Institute, the Hechinger Report, Community College Daily, and more.
Students using Nearpeer feel a sense of belonging and peer support that promotes student success, including for underserved students and more introverted students. Our platform includes student mobile apps and a peer network with machine learning that fosters healthy engagement between students based on shared context, background, interests, and classes.
About the role
Building on our momentum, we’re looking for a mission-driven Director of Marketing to lead our growth marketing plans and execution. You will work on shaping and executing the company’s voice and communications to project our leadership, showcase our innovation, generate leads, and support sales. The person in this important role will be responsible for developing and supporting the execution of all brand management and marketing communication programs including managing the website message through HubSpot, creating email campaigns, customer success stories, product brochures, blogs, social media (including LinkedIn), PowerPoint presentations, industry conferences, webinars, press releases, and more.
Important Job Functions
- Collaborate across our team on go-to-market strategies and associated materials to educate, inform, and build brand awareness.
- Develop high-quality and compelling content that resonates with higher education leaders across digital, web, email, print, and live events.
- Continue to differentiate Nearpeer through content – blogs, case studies, press releases, and co-created reports with our college partners
- Cultivate email campaigns
- Back up work with key metrics and the latest industry findings / trends
- Deliver sales tools and collateral that helps the sales team close more business
- Become the expert on our customers, conducting executive client interviews and uncovering insights that lead to breakthrough messaging, strategy, and market demand
- Optimize our digital content for natural search and SEO trends
- Lead the ongoing evolution of our website experience and content
- Focus on a social media strategy with regular postings on all channels
- 4-year college degree in marketing, business administration or communication, public affairs/relations, journalism, or related
- Knowledge of working in HubSpot or similar CRM
- Experience in marketing in the higher education technology/edtech space
- Ability to create the marketing message that will resonate with college and university leaders
- Very strong written, verbal, and organizational skills
- Ability to manage email campaigns through HubSpot segmented to different audiences
- Must be self-reliant and able to own multiple creative projects and timelines from start-to-finish
- Must have great creative energy and ability to work with a fully remote team
- Excellent multi-tasking, decision-making, prioritization, and organizational skills
- Possess a great deal of independence, initiative and self-motivation
- Ability to manage numerous tasks and allocate time wisely
- Proven track record of meeting deadlines and deliverables
- Ability to manage multiple projects while maintaining consistent output and timelines
- High proficiency in MS Office, Google Suite, HubSpot
- Location is flexible within the U.S. Our headquarters is in Portland, Maine, and we have team members in multiple locations.
Competitive compensation package based on fit and experience