Email firstname.lastname@example.org and include your resume and cover letter/email.
With Nearpeer, students know they belong at their college and are more committed, happy, and successful. We’ve been recognized for our work and impact by Eduventures Research, the Christensen Institute, the Hechinger Report, Community College Daily, and more.
Students using Nearpeer feel a sense of belonging and peer support that promotes student success, including for underserved students and more introverted students. Our platform includes student mobile apps and a peer network with machine learning that fosters healthy engagement between students based on shared context, background, interests, and classes.
About the role
Building on our momentum, we’re expanding our team and looking for a mission-driven Sales Director to develop strategic partnerships with colleges and universities of all sizes and types. Nearpeer serves college needs across the spectrum – public and private, undergraduate and graduate, traditional and non-traditional, affinity institutions and online institutions. This is an opportunity to thrive in a high-growth organization committed to helping college students enroll and succeed in college. You will be responsible for developing new college relationships and closing deals as well as new growth sectors. You will develop a sales pipeline, as well as receive inbound inquiries from our other pipeline generating activities.
Important Job Functions
- Team members work with significant autonomy on how best to identify, progress, and ultimately close high-value opportunities with executive-level college leadership, specifically within enrollment, student affairs, first-year experience, and the President’s cabinet.
- Develop sales pipeline through direct outreach, including conferences and other events, and follow-up on inbound interest received from existing marketing programs
- Conduct effective discovery to understand prospective client needs, the underlying drivers of those needs, and the urgency to solve their needs
- Identify and cultivate champions within colleges and universities, and equip them with the resources they need to build support internally for our work and impact serving students
- Serve as a trusted advisor with our champions to win deals and set them up for success
- Bring creativity to deal structures and funding options, when needed, to help solve for prospective client buying parameters and timing
- Work closely with our leadership to identify themes of challenges in the market, as well as generate and promote key messages that resonate with our targeted audience.
- Collaborate across our team to ensure a high level of customer centricity and value for our clients
- Stay up-to-date on industry trends and features being featured in The Chronicle, Times Higher Education, Inside Higher Ed, and on LinkedIn.
- Previous sales experience in SaaS and/or edtech
- Success at developing strong relationships with champions
- Track record of over-achieving goals/quotas
- Strong phone acumen
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Goal-driven, agile, team-oriented, with the ability to flourish amidst uncertainty
- Proficiency in MS Office, Google Suite, HubSpot
- Location is flexible within the U.S. Our headquarters is in Portland, Maine, and we have team members in multiple locations.
Competitive compensation package based on fit and experience